Within the framework of Vet-spA, the Core Unit for Flow Cytometry offers an advanced course for interested doctoral students. Theoretical and practical basics for cell sorting on a multiparameter flow cytometer are created.
The exercises include a theoretical part:
- Basics of cell sorting
- Sorting strategies
- Functionality of cell sorting
- Possibilities of cell sorting
The practical part covers the points:
- Instrument settings (purity and yield)
- Setting the sample beam
- Nozzle selection
- Pre-treatment and filtering of the cells
- Sorting (collected and single cell sorting)
- Purity control
The costs of 300,- € for the doctoral students are covered by the VMF's promotion of young researchers.
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Uwe Müller till 15-02-2020.